I was honored to participate in the excellent Bilingual Candidate Forum hosted by Asheville-Buncombe Food Policy Council, Asheville Buncombe Community Land Trust, Bountiful Cities, CIMA, Just Economics, Poder Emma, and the Racial Justice Coalition. These groups are leading the way in vital community-building; city government should be supporting and empowering them, and all our residents.
Asheville on Bikes mixed things up a bit for their “Get There AVL” City Candidates forum this time, using a game show format and a pinch of improv. This is a YouTube playlist of my contributions to the evening’s proceedings.
If I find a link to the full event video, I’ll add it here.
I was so excited to participate in a forum to discuss how city government can recognize and support Asheville’s creative community! This YouTube playlist has most of my remarks (a video recording glitch ate my opening statement).
You can find the whole one hour and 40 minute recording HERE.
We’re hurtling toward the start of early voting, only 18 days away!
The hustle continues. Here’s a selection of activities—not shown here are the many meetings with community members and campaign supporters.
- Sept. 4: A wonderful time campaigning at Goombay [Facebook].
- Sept. 6: Standing with Asheville Food & Beverage United
- Sept. 8: Coalition of Asheville Neighborhoods Candidate Forum
- Sept. 9: Black Wall St. AVL City Council Candidate Forum [Asheville Citizen-Times coverage HERE]
- Sept. 10: Progressives, WNC CLC Cookout, NC 11 Dems Gala, Young Dems After Dark
- Sept. 12: Shiloh Community Association Meeting
- Sept. 13: Boards & Commissions Realignment Working Group [Sunshine Request Facebook livestream], City Council Meeting
- Sept. 15: Policy on Tap (South Slope)
- Sept. 20: Greenfest Sustainability Fair, UNCA and Buncombe Dems Monthly Meeting
- Sept. 21: Peace Day Celebration, Elder & Sage Community Garden
- Sept. 22: Asheville Home Builders Association, Buncombe Dems City Council Candidate Forum
- Sept. 24: Dem Mens Club Breakfast, Sparking the Good Fire! (climate change community event), Blue Ridge Pride
- Sept. 27: City Council Meeting, AFBU Meeting
- Sept. 28: Tourism Development Authority Board Meeting
- Sept. 29: Boards & Commissions Realignment Working Group [Sunshine Request Facebook livestream]
The Buncombe Country Democratic Party held a City Council Candidate Forum, which people were able to attend in person and watch live streaming.
My contributions to the discussion are presented here. I’ve shuffled the order a bit for better subject-matter flow.